Are you on the road to burnout? Here are some tips to avoid exhaustion and replenish your mind, body, and spirit.
Do you ever feel depleted spiritually or physically? Many times we go through life racing in many directions, trusting that the condition of our heart is healthy without taking the time to renew our mind, body, and spirit. When the warning lights of weariness, restlessness, and lack of clarity go on, like those in a car, we refuse to slow down and stop until it’s too late.
Our calendars run our lives. We lack sleep, physical exercise and eat unhealthy food. Socially, we limit time with enjoyable relationships. Spiritually, we make no time for prayer, worship, reading the Bible or serving others. Then, we break down at the sidelines…worn out, not able to go the distance.
Mind, Body, and Spirit Check
Is this you? Use this checklist of warning signs to determine if you are on the road to burnout:
- Depreciation of self-worth
- Devaluation of acts of service
- Exaggeration of personal problems
- Loss of passion for life’s purpose
- Isolation from others
Here are some tips to avoid spiritual and physical exhaustion:
- Refocus spiritually; make time for prayer and solitude.
- Reorder your life; take inventory of what is important and prioritize.
- Restore your body with rest, exercise, vacation and healthy eating.
- Renew your mind and spirit with times of reflection, meditation, and reading.
- Reconnect with family and friends to establish meaningful relationships.
The transformation we desire in our lives comes from a renewed mind (Romans 12:2).
How do you replenish your spirit? What helps you get renewed and re-energized? Share with us!
Lord, help us to slow down and be still to renew our spirit, mind, and body. Give us wisdom to reorder our lives and live with purpose.